Sunday, July 24, 2016

Some Summer Stuff

Well hey there! Hope you all are having a great summer. I know I am, it seems to by flying by, I mean it is almost the end of July... how is that possible?

I haven't been spending a whole lot of time in the kitchen in the last month or so, I guess that is ok, summer is for relaxing and hanging out in the sun.

Last weekend we met friends on Gabriola Island for a little get away, it was amazing. Such a pretty place, so relaxing. We walked on the beach, drank lattes on the deck and played a whole lot of Trivial Pursuit! It was fantastic!


My Dad is coming out for a visit in a couple weeks, which I am very excited about. Can't wait to show him all Victoria has to offer!

Then after that we are driving out to Alberta for a Family gathering at my in house taste testers family farm. We are really looking forward to that too!

We have been eating a lot of BBQ'd Burgers and Corn on the cob and Watermelon Salad, and washing it all down with my very favourite summer drink, the Mojito!

I will have a new recipe for you later this week, I promise!
But for now I am going to sit out on my patio with a tall glass of lemonade and finish reading this, which I am loving!



Jen


1 comment:

  1. So fun spending the weekend together on Gabriola! Can't wait to do it again! Yay for summers!!

    ReplyDelete