Sunday, February 5, 2017

Mini Blueberry Muffin Loaves



I had a pint of fresh blueberries in the fridge that I had totally forgotten about, Oops!  A few of them were getting pretty soft so I decided I better make something ASAP!



These cute mini blueberry muffins loaves were the perfect thing. They taste like a tender sweet muffin but in loaf form.

It takes less than 10 minutes to prepare the batter and all the ingredients are things you normally have in your pantry.


What you need,

1 cup of granulated sugar
½ cup butter
2 large eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla
1 cup milk (I used 1%, it is what I had)
2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
2 cups fresh blueberries

Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 mini loaf pans with non-stick spray.

In a bowl cream together the sugar and butter. Add the eggs one a time until well incorporated.  Stir in the vanilla and milk.
Gently fold in the flour and baking powder just until they are fully combined, don’t over mix the batter!
Add the blueberries and fold in gently.

Scoop about 1¼ cups of the batter into each mini loaf pan.

Sprinkle the tops of the loaves with coarse sugar.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until the edges are brown a toothpick comes out clean.

Let the loaves cool in the pans for 5 minutes and then turn them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.


These little loaves are so good! They make a great breakfast, snack or dessert. They also freeze really well for later. Just wrap them up tightly in saran wrap, then in tin foil.

I hope you like them as much as I did!
Enjoy.


Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment